I remember when I was diagnosed with CLL. I was a stage 4. It was in 90% of my bone marrow. I had to have Chemo.
My daughter was not going to take this without a fight. She researched and gather up some information on vitamins for me to take while on Chemo. She talked to my doctor and they both were in agreement with the regime.
I started taken the vitamins one week before they started the Chemo. My Chemo treatments was two days every month for six months. I did not want anyone to go with me to get Chemo because that was my time to relax and be still.
While the Chemo was tearing everything down, the vitamins was building everything back up. In this segment I am going to give you a list of vitamins and what are their reason in helping me through Chemo. Having CLL has a lot to do with the flowing of the blood in your body and lack of strength of your bones and the loss of blood cells. These vitamins helped with the process. Don’t forget to drink Plenty, plenty of water. So Let’s get started,
- Prenatal Vitamins or any One a Day Vitamin: Prenatal Vitamin are full of extra vitamins for the blood. Prenatal vitamin is not only for pregnant women. The reason I use Prenatal Vitamin is that of the Folic acid and Folate. It has Iron in them. These help build the blood. It also has Calcium and Vitamin-D. They help strengthen the bones. Plus it has more wonderful nutrients
- Folate: Yes I took this as well because it helped make more red blood cells in the bone marrow. It converts carbohydrates into energy.
- Folic Acid(Vitamin-B9): Yes this is also in the Prenatal Vitamins. Helps the body produce and manage new cells. The red blood cells depended on large levels of this vitamin. Remember 90% of the disease was in my bone marrow.
- Vitamin-D3: There are many reasons for taking Vitamin-D3. It’s known to be great for the Muscles and Bones. It helps in lowering bone fractures and helps build muscle strength.
- It helps your Immunity. Cuts risk of respiratory infection in half. It also helps your mood.
- Studies show taking vitamin-D3 helps with depression.
- Some studies show Vitamin-D3 can help lower the risk of a stroke or a heart attack. There are more reasons to take this vitamin but this is why I took them okay
- Vitamin-B12: It helps the body make DNA and assist with forming healthy red blood cells.
- Vitamin-K: It is the main role in helping the blood to clot. With CLL our platelets are low and the blood have a hard time clotting. Vitamin-K helps
- Nettle Leaf: Helps the body to process and flush away toxins.
- Calcium Citrate: The body needs Calcium to build strong bones and to help out a lot of very important functions in the body. Most of the Calcium is placed in the bones and teeth. Calcium helps muscles to move and it helps the nerves carry the messages throughout your body.
- Curcumin/Turmeric: It’s an antioxidant for the body. It protects the body from infections. It protects the body from unknown radicals. Like a barrier. Curcumin is a herb for cancer treatment. Studies show reduce of cancer cells.
- Pau-D-Arco: Is high in selenium which is a vitamin high in antioxidants and immune boosting effects
- Olive Leaf: Helps increase blood flow and lower blood pressure reducing the risk of heart disease.
These are the vitamins I was taking along with the Chemo. You can click on the vitamin link for more information on these vitamins. And Don’t forget Plenty plenty WATER!!
Thank you so much